Join the Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living (APRIL) and RTC: Rural for a free webinar to learn about the new Healthy Community Living Program!
Who: Centers for Independent Living (CILs) and other organizations that serve people with disabilities
What: informational webinar (free)
When: March 19, 2020 | 1 pm to 2:30 pm Mountain Time
This webinar will be facilitated by Mary Willard, the Director of Training and Technical Assistance at APRIL.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn how these online workshops work
- Get a taste of two of the modules from Community Living Skills
- Hear from partner CILs about their experiences using the new HCL workshops
- Brainstorm how these programs may be useful outreach tools or benefit your current consumers
- Begin to envision how these trainings and workshops will help your organization shine!
What is Healthy Community Living?
The Healthy Community Living (HCL) Program is a collection of workshops that support opportunities for all people to live well and participate in their communities. Organisations purchase a license to access the workshop materials, which they use to train facilitators and put on workshops.
HCL is made of two separate but complementary workshops: Community Living Skills (CLS) and Living Well in the Community. These workshops are put on and facilitated by peer-advocates at Centers for Independent Living and other disability-focused organizations.
- Community Living Skills introduces topics related to living independently in the community, including disability identity, housing, budgeting & finance, transportation, time use, and more.
- Living Well in the Community guides participants to set and achieve personal life goals by adopting healthy lifestyle choices to help get them there.
Each workshop includes its own facilitator training.
Don’t have any experienced group facilitators at your organization? Peer-advocates can learn how to become facilitators with HCL’s bonus training: Facilitating Groups.
This training workshop isn’t HCL specific, and can be useful for any staff facilitating group work at your organization, not only these workshops.
How much does the HCL program cost?
To use HCL, an organization must purchase a license. Licenses are $500 per year.
This cost includes:
- Access to Community Living Skills, Living Well in the Community, and Facilitating Groups workshops
- Facilitator Trainings for CLS and LWC
- Technical Assistance
Reduced licensing fees are considered for those organizations who demonstrate need.
For more information about this webinar, please contact:
Sierra Royster- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Willard- email: email@example.com or phone: (406) 544-1668
For more information about the Healthy Community Living program, visit the Healthy Community Living website.
There you can learn more about each workshop, learn more about purchasing a program license and the program history, sign up for the HCL newsletter, and find contact information.