Title: Student Research Assistant
Compensation: $10.00/hour for undergraduates; $12.00 for graduate students
Are you a student at the University of Montana who is interested in getting involved in social science research? Join our research team at the Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities! The Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities (RIIC) is committed to creating better lives for rural people with disabilities and their families. With innovative services, training and research, RIIC strives to improve independence and participation of people with disabilities in everyday activities and all aspects of the community.
The Research Assistant will work under the supervision of the Project Director to design, plan, and implement research projects and products. Tasks may include: preparing and mailing research and training materials; data entry with a PC using Microsoft Excel; using search terms to find, procure and organize scholarly articles; contributing to research articles and presentations; attending project meetings; collaborating with other team members to complete assigned duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective and efficient organizational management skills
- Detail orientation and ability to follow specific instructions
- Ability to take initiative and perform assigned job responsibilities independently
- Experience with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s degree or course work in Psychology, Physical/Occupational Therapy, Social Sciences, Social Work, Nursing, or other related field that prepares students for working on a research team
- Part-time Student position on the University of Montana Campus
- You must be enrolled as a student at the University of Montana
- Non-Work Study or Work-study
- Undergraduate or graduate students are eligible
- Begin Fall 2018
- Hours per week vary according to need and student schedule; typically 5-10 hours per week
- Schedule: Flexible
Please email Lillie Greiman with a brief description of why you are interested in the position and a resume at Lillie.firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more information 406-243-6102.