Sources referenced in Toolkit
- The Alberta Urban Municipalities Association. (2017). Measuring inclusion tool. Edmonton, AB: Alberta Urban Municipalities Association.
- Disability Rights Wisconsin. (2004). Self assessment tool for ensuring access for people with disabilities. Harrisburg, PA: Safe Housing Partnerships.
- Social Inclusion Week of Australia. (2017). Event accessibility checklist. Social Inclusion Week of Australia. (Click on button below to download).
- Commission on Disability Rights. (n.d.). Planning accessible meetings and events: A toolkit.
- ADA National Network: Information, Guidance, and Training on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- ADA.gov: Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- United States Access Board: An independent federal agency that promotes equality for people with disabilities through leadership in accessible design and the development of accessibility guidelines and standards.
- ILRU Directory of Centers for Independent Living: Service locations and contact information for CILs in each state and US territory.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Directory of Local Health Departments: Find contact information for local health departments.
- Rural Disability Resource Library: An online library of resources for people with disabilities who live in rural areas.
Event Accessibility in the News
- July 28, 2019: Officials work to improve access for disabled voters: To create temporary accessible parking in grass or gravel parking lots, county officials in rural Arkansas are using horse stall mats, which can be found at hardware stores, and are relatively inexpensive.
- July 19, 2019: Ohio State Fair will have sensory-friendly morning for sensitive groups
- July 1, 2019: Quiet fireworks event a relief for some: One community is hosting a quiet fireworks event for the 4th of July.