In December 2018 the U.S. Census Bureau released the 2013-2017 American Community Survey summary data. In the recently released fact sheet “Employment disparity grows for rural Americans with disability,” RTC:Rural researchers used this data to begin exploring how employment rates have changed for people with disabilities in the context of changing economic conditions. They found increasing disparities between people with and without disabilities across the country as well as across the rural-urban continuum.
Click the links below to download the fact sheet from the RTC:Rural and Rural Institute ScholarWorks collection:
The fact sheet is available as an accessible PDF and in text-only format.
For more on RTC:Rural employment and geography research, see:
- Employment & Vocational Rehabilitation (research web page)
- Ecology of Rural Disability (research web page)
- Geography and Rural Disability (research web page)
- Maps of Disability and Employment- Disability in America Map Series (maps)
- Data Limitation in the American Community Survey: The Impact on Rural Disability Research (research brief)